COVID-19 Update | February 9, 2021
We continually monitor and update our visitor policy based on the recommendations of the local health department, Ohio Department of Health and CDC. You will be updated on the current policy when you are called by our Preadmission Nurses from the Surgery Center. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience during the pandemic, we are working to provide you the most up to date information at the time of your procedure.
Mayfield Spine Surgery Center is observing the CDC’s recommended preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff. We have implemented the following measures to ensure safety:
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day and disinfecting patient care areas as soon as the patient is discharged.
- Implementing social distancing practices throughout the Center.
- Screening all patients on possible COVID 19 exposure, travel history, and symptoms prior to arrival and day of surgery. All Center Staff is screened daily.
- Visitors are currently not allowed within the Center to reduce exposure to our patients and staff.
- Requiring all staff and patients to wear masks while the universal masking recommendations are in place.
- Requiring employees to stay at home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
We are asking patients to join us in additional efforts, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom; before and after eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands
- Avoid shaking hands to potentially prevent transmission.
Most importantly, we ask that patients who are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath, fever, or other flu-like symptoms, to stay at home and reschedule their appointments. Also inform us if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or have recently traveled out of the state.
For additional information please visit the CDC website: CDC.gov
Please call Mayfield Brian & Spine at 513-221-1100 to cancel or reschedule your surgery or procedure if needed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in protecting all our team members and patients.
Sincerely, Physicians and Staff
Mayfield Spine Surgery Center
Your guide to outpatient surgery, physical medicine, and rehabilitation procedures
Find out what to expect before, during, and after your visit to Mayfield Spine Surgery Center.
Surgery and Pain